Qus: What is an Assembly? What are the various kinds of Assemblies?
There are two sorts of Assemblies, Private and Shared.
• Private Assembly, as the name itself recommends, it is available just to the application. It is introduced in the establishment catalog of the Application.
• A Shared gathering can be shared by numerous applications. It is introduced in the GAC.
There are three types of Assemblies available:
1. Private Assemblies : Private Assemblies are designed to be used by one application and must reside in that application's directory or subdirectory.
2. Shared Assemblies: Microsoft offers the shared assembly for those components that must be distributed. It resides in GAC (Global Assembly Cache).
3. Satellite Assembly: A satellite Assembly is defined as an assembly with resources only, no executable code.